• Defri Prasetyo Nugroho Universitas Bina Darma
  • Christofora Desi Kusmindari Universitas Bina Darma
Keywords: Noise, Work tools, performance of the employees


Noise (noise) is unwanted or disturbing sound or sound. Work tools and machines used in work activities have the potential to cause noise. This has a negative impact on the workers who are in the area, who hear the noise during working hours every day. Noise levels that exceed the threshold value can lead to hearing loss and the risk of damage to the ear, either temporary or permanent. Threshold value (NAV) of noise based on time that has been set by PERMENAKER No. 13 of 2011 is 8 hours per day for a noise intensity of 85 decibels (dB). PT. Pupukn Sriwidjaja Palembangn is a state-owned company which was established as a pioneer of nurea fertilizer producer in Indonesia on December 24, 1959 in Palembang, South Sumatra. there are disturbances and complaints from employees about the intensity of noise generated from the tools or machines used so that it affects employee performance. There is an effect of the noise level of the production equipment on the performance of the employees of PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja Palembang because the sig t value of the Production Equipment Noise (X) variable is 0.000 < = 0.05 and the t count > t table (6.621 > 1.999). The value of the coefficient of determination or R Square is 0.422 or 42.2%. Production Equipment Noise Variable (X) can be explained or affect Employee Performance variable (Y) Production Division of PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja Palembang while the remaining 57.8% is influenced by other factors not discussed in the study such as workload, competence and other factors

Author Biographies

Defri Prasetyo Nugroho, Universitas Bina Darma

Teknik Industri

Christofora Desi Kusmindari, Universitas Bina Darma

Teknik Industri